LLYC, in partnership with Wakigami, is presenting this international study with the goal of identifying and clarifying the key challenges stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic that face chief marketing officers (CMOs). Through this, we hope to clarify the facts of today’s reality, giving marketing professionals and their organizations the space they need to respond.
Today’s world has put an even heavier burden on marketing departments around the globe, as clients and consumers come to them demanding more transparency, action and trust than ever before.
In this study, we examine the following key points, based on first-hand data:
- Changes in CMO challenges and priorities with regard to:
- Marketing and communication investment formats
- Consumer safety and confidence measures
- Effective brand scope
- Organization and industry challenges
- Likely external risks over the coming months
- Key actions already being developed
The report is based on information provided between May 21 and June 5, 2020, by nearly 100 marketing managers at leading companies across eleven markets (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Portugal, Panama, Peru and Spain). A full list of participants can be found at the end of this report.